The Gentle Sleep Book offers gentle, no-tears, sleep solutions for exhausted parents of newborns to five-year-olds.
Are you exhausted by your baby’s night-time waking or frustrated by your toddler’s reluctance to go to bed?
Would prefer a gentler approach than sleep-training techniques such as controlled crying or pick up/put down?
In this reassuring book, Sarah Ockwell-Smith, the founder of BabyCalm and ToddlerCalm, offers her gentle prescription for addressing the common sleep problems of newborns to five-year-olds. Treading a carefully balanced line between the needs of sleep-deprived parents and that of the child, Sarah offers reliable, evidence-based advice. The topics featured include:
- What the evidence really tells us about how long we can expect our babies and toddlers to sleep at each stage of development.
- Why much of the widespread advice on sleep is inaccurate and counterproductive.
- What we can learn from the sleep practices of families in other cultures.
- How to approach common issues including frequent waking, night terrors and night dryness.
The practical suggestions are broken down into six developmental stages and include topics such as:
- creating the perfect sleep environment
- creating the perfect bedtime routine
- the effect of diet
- and how to use comfort objects effectively.
And because all families are unique, you’ll find lots of in-depth case studies to demonstrate how parents have used the suggestions to address their child’s sleep problems.
Gentle sleep techniques do not pit parent against child but foster a trusting, loving relationship between parent and child that allows everyone to enjoy a more peaceful night’s sleep.
The Gentle Sleep Book is available to order HERE.